Welcome to the Everything ABC’s Blog Hop! For this hop we will be featuring the letter “D”. This may be the name of a paper, a stamp set or an embellishment. Whatever the crafter has chosen as their “D” element will be featured in their post. If you have just hopped onto my blog, please start at the beginning at Linda’s blog ~ Scrappy Therapy. If you came from Darlys Recker and her Crafty Happy blog then you’re on the right track!
For my “D” I Decided on a Double Pocket Fold Card.
The Double Pocket Fold Card directions follow:
• Cut an 8” circle of double sided paper (I used the Art Philosophy Cricut Cartridge).
• Score, using the Close to My Heart score board, the circle cut at 2” and 6”.
• Fold up the bottom part and bring the original scored folds in. Burnish all fold lines.
• Using double sided tape, apply the 4” zip strip piece across the bottom to form a pocket. Then adhere the two pockets together along their right and left sides.
• Apply a corner rounded 4” square of cardstock to the 5” tag cut from Art Philosophy Cricut Cartridge.
• Trim off the bottom 3/8” – ½” of the 4” decorative square piece cut with the Art Philosophy Cricut Cartridge.
• Apply a corner rounded 3” square to the 4” decorative square piece. (In the picture I had not cut the bottom off the bottom pocket insert. I recommend cutting that edge flat.)
• Stamp sentiments or pictures to the cardstock, coloring as indicated. If the pocket inside paper is light enough with a small pattern, stamp there or adhere a hidden embellishment to that area if you wish.
Here is an example using Chalk it Up paper pack with a birthday theme. As you can see this is perfect for gift cards too!
Or how about some early Christmas cards. This one is using the Yuletide Carol paper pack. Another gift card placement.
These fit in a standard A2 envelope so no extra postage! Wooo Whooo!
Thank you for stopping by! I enjoyed being able to share this unique card fold with all of you!
Demonstration Card: Laughing Lola B & T paper, Laughing Lola B & T paper decorative zip strip, Glacier Cardstock, Flaxen Cardstock, Art Philosophy Cricut Cartridge, Cricut Machine Expression 2 (or any machine will work), Gold Shimmer Trim, Close to My Heart Score Board, Fiskers Sure-Cut Deluxe Paper Trimmer, CTMH Bone Folder, Non-stick Micro-tip Scissors, CTMH Corner Rounder, Duck Easy-Stick Adhesive.
Birthday Card: Sorbet Cardstock, Chalk It Up B & T Paper, Chocolate Ink, Banner Wishes Stamp Set B1438, Aqua Dots, Close to My Heart Score Board, Fiskers Sure-Cut Deluxe Paper Trimmer, Art Philosophy Cricut Cartridge, Cricut Machine Expression 2 (or any Cricut machine will work), Non-stick Micro-tip Scissors, Duck Easy-Stick Adhesive.
Christmas Card: Colonial White Cardstock, Yuketide Carol B & T Paper, Ruby Ink, Be Jolly Stamp Set B1455, Ruby Chevron Washi Tape, Gold Polka Dots Washi Tape, Lagoon Flaxen Extra Thick Twine, Close to My Heart Score Board, Fiskers Sure-Cut Deluxe Paper Trimmer, Art Philosophy Cricut Cartridge, Cricut Machine Expression 2 (or any Cricut machine will work), Non-stick Micro-tip Scissors, Duck Easy-Stick Adhesive.
To purchase any of these supplies click here and you will be taken to my Close to My Heart Business page.
Your next stop on our Everything ABC’S blog Hop is Stephanie Feist at her Blog: Quilted Scrapper. Go see what she has in store, but please leave a comment here first!
In case you get lost along the way, hop on over to Scrappy Therapy. There are 13 participants for letter “D”.